- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
Today Miss Teenage Canada chaperones took all 82 of the contestants for a day out of the hotel to do some exploring and shopping around the city of Toronto. To start the day off they took us to the Bowmanville Zoo to watch a baby lion and baby tiger play and the zoo keepers allowed us to get up close and take pictures with the tiger and the lion.
Next we moved on to the Toronto Eaton Mal to go see the wonderful and amazing Rich Tree Market where we went to the taco bus. It may be a small capacity in that small bus but they make some amazing food! I had ordered a chicken burrito, not really knowing what to expect from it. Although it was spicy, it was very good. The manager and all the staff were very friendly and were willing to comprise for those with different allergies and diet restrictions. The workers were also very prepared and were fast at making all the food for all the girls.
I would personally recommend this place to anyone who is in Toronto and at the Toronto Eaton Mall. The food truck is located in the middle of the mall and is very easy to find. You will always find great service and it is so good. For those who do not enjoy spicy foods I would recommend getting the fish burrito or tacos; and for those of you who enjoy spicy foods, like myself, the chicken burrito or tacos. Overall, if I was to ever come back to Toronto, I would definitely like to come back and enjoy some more of their fantastic food!
~ Morgan 💕
My platform for the Miss Teenage Canada pageant is mental health. I believe that this is a big issue in today’s society and it is not taken care of properly in most cases. Mental health can vary from struggling in school to being bullied to even just having problems at home; anything that effects your everyday schedule and makes it hard for you to concentrate on what needs to be focused on.
Depression is one of the most common forms of mental health that you hear about everyday; depression can come from the smallest thing but leave you in a upset mood for the days to come. Depression can be a hard thing to find in people because many people do not show the symptoms that are commonly found in some cases that have been studied. Many cases of depression can simply be “cured”, or so the doctors think, by pills taken everyday, but that never actually erases the memories on what has happened to this victim.
You see people with mental health problems all the time, everyday, they are among you. Yet, these people go unnoticed by society. No one really understands if someone has a mental health problems because most of them hide the fact that they have it, if they struggle with something they simply try to ignore that task, instead of asking for help.
This year I was on my school divisions Youth Consult group where we further looked into mental health and how being in at school is tough enough for kids but those suffering with a mental disorder have a hard time concentrating on their school work. We surveyed kids all across the Sunwest school division from grade seven to twelve. Truth be told, classes are hard and they can be very disruptive, which makes it hard for people to concentrate, it doesn’t help that most teachers ignore that fact and let their students do as they please during class. Most kids with mental health problems go unnoticed, which makes it hard to know exactly how many kids have problems with their day to day schedule.
As Miss Teenage Canada, I would promote my platform by creating a presentation that I would take to different schools to teach them about the different types of mental health issues. I would also like to teach people across Canada how they can help someone with mental health issues. I would also like to set up a support group in my community to help those suffering from a mental illness.
Thanks for reading about my platform!
1. Polite – We do say our manners a lot more than you would here in other countries. We also do this thing called pay it forward in Canada, although you hear it being done in other countries Canada is also known for doing it.
2. Peacekeepers – Many times you will hear that we send our military off to a third world country in hopes to make peace with the war that is occurring. We are there to help the people who are being attacked because violence is never the answer and will get you no where.
3. Equality – It doesn’t not matter what race, sex, or religion you are in this country, we treat everyone equally. If you are a Canadian citizen and over the age of 18, everyone has the same rights and freedom.
4. Multicultural – We are a very open country when it comes to letting people into our wonderful country. Because of this we have become multicultural, with not forcing people to convert to one religion, you get to keep your own.
5. Right to Vote – Once you are at the age of 18, you are given the right to vote in Canada. I think this is pretty great because the government is giving people the option to chose if they want to have a say on who is running our government, besides the queen.
6. Free health care – Canada has not only free health care to our Canadian citizens but it is also good health care. Going into a hospital/clinic knowing that your doctor cares about what happens to you is pretty great, and we have Canada to thank for making that free to us.
7. Invented basketball – It is said that Canada was the country that invented the sport basketball. It’s pretty great to be known for inventing a sport that many of us play today.
8. Same-sex marriages – It is not a lie when you say that Canada was one of the first countries to makes same-sex marriages legalized. Canada is allowing people to chose who they love and make it so no one puts you down for loving that person.
9. Bunny Hugs (SK) – This is a thing, yes. We make up weird names for things such as sweaters, or hoodies. This is what people mostly from Saskatchewan call a hoodie. No one knows why and no one knows how it started it just started and had stayed here for ages. So Canada is pretty cool for making up names for things and allowing them to stay.
10. Most educated country – It is said that Canada is the most educated country overall. This does not mean that we are all smart but most of us have an education which makes us a good country for inventing things.
11. Maple syrup – Canada is known for having their amazing supply of maple syrup based out of mostly Ontario. Having maple syrup makes Canada great because it is something that is our own and it’s something that we share with everyone across the world.
12. Canadian Accent – Many people believe that we have a specific accent but if you hear another Canadian talk you can’t hear it, that’s because most of us Canadians have the same accent that goes across the country. Not our fault we can’t hear it.
13. Apologetic – Canada also has the stereotype for being very apologetic. We are said to say ‘sorry’ a lot, even when things are not our fault. That’s pretty great to be known as apologetic rather than being mean.
14. Tim Hortons – Sorry to the people in other countries that do not know the greatness of our wonderful Tim Hortons, you are really missing out. This really is the Canadian donut and coffee shop, and it just adds to the greatness knowing it is only Canadian.
15. Moose – One of Canada’s favourite animals, most Canadians have seen this beautiful creature. No other country has seen something so amazing as a moose that a lot of Canadians see everyday. We are special enough to have that animal all to ourselves, how cool is that!
16. Hockey – Canada without questioning it is a place where hockey is mostly played. Canada has a long winter which gives players plenty of time to play. It’s a fun game to play and watch and most Canadians know at least a few hockey players. Hockey brings people together to make us a good community.
17. Weather – To be honest the weather in Canada is pretty extreme, but there is nothing like it. It can go from boiling hot one day to freezing cold the next. But the weather just makes sceneries a lot more beautiful to see.
18. Beautiful – The scenery in Canada is something that is breathtaking, there is so many things to see. It goes from looking at the mountains on the west side, to the beautiful coasts on the east side. And there is always something to see right in the middle.
19. Freedom of belief – Canada does not force you to believe in one religion. The government allows you to believe in whatever you would like, which is much different from what other countries do. We all you to practice whatever religion you choose at anytime
20. Eh? – We are known for saying this multiple times within a speech, or so everyone thinks that is not actually Canadian. In reality we just say it because it’s fun to say and use the stereotype.
There are many other great reasons why Canada is a great country to be in, but these are what I feel mean the most to me. I am proud to be a Canadian citizen and live in this beautiful country, there’s not another place in the world I would rather be, than right here in Canada.
On Friday I had a bake sale at my school to raise money for my pageant fundraiser, Free the Children. It was an amazing turn out, thank you to everyone who had helped out! There was so much baking which made it a lot of fun.
Last night, I got a beautiful photoshoot done by Kendra Wack. She did an outstanding job and I had lots of fun, she took some beautiful shots and I can’t wait to share them all with you when they are ready. Here are some behind the scene shots that were taken. Also, be sure to look at her amazing blog and see some shots that she has done at www.kendrawackphotography.wordpress.com
~ Miss Teenage West Central Saskatchewan :)
I’m the new Miss Teenage West Central Saskatchewan and the new owner of this blog! I will be going to Toronto in August to compete in the national pageant called Miss Teenage Canada. I would like to thank everyone who has sponsored and supported me on my journey to provincials. I’m very excited to see what the future has waiting for me.
Family means so much to me, even more now than they ever have, after losing so many of my family and friends in the past couple years. I’m from a small town in Saskatchewan, and I am currently living with my mom, step dad and my younger siblings. I am very thankful to be having such an amazing, supportive family to help me make it this far, and help structure who I am today.
I am currently in grade 10, and I am involved in many different activities. I am on my school divisions student leadership consult, where we present to the board with some ideas to help improve learning in our schools. I also have been involved in soccer for the past ten years. The people that I have played with and met over the years is amazing and I am glad that I have made so many great people.
I have always had a love and passion for fashion, and love name brands, along with going on shopping sprees. A few of my favourite brands are Aeropostale, Dynamite, and American Eagle. Fashion has taught me to be myself, and create any kind of style that I would like. I also have a strong liking for shoes, and I own so many of them.
With my title, that I am now holding, I am planning on getting involved with my community as much as I am able to throughout my year. I will be doing fundraisers and appearances at different events. I will be looking forward to meeting many more great people and being able to make many more amazing memories with this title. Be sure to check them out on here, along with my facebook and my instagram page!
Miss Teenage West Central Saskatchewan 2015
In 1969, our parents may remember “Miss Teenage Canada“, which lasted till 1971. That’s only because they decided to change the name to “Miss Teenage Canada“. Pageants still continued, with A&W sponsoring them, but then in 1990, when financial problems came about and they had to end it.
But luckily, we have Michelle Weswaldi, the producer of the Miss Teenage Canada competition that I’m entering. It is owned by MTC-W Inc. and began in 2008. It’s the largest pageant in Canada, which is the only competition to have provincial pageants. And the most exciting part is that the winner, goes to compete for Miss Teen Universe!
This competition isn’t just about beauty though, the charity that they support, Free the Children, is an excellent charity that plenty of money is raised, and donated towards. The fundraiser that I chose to support the charity, was a bottle drive. This was such a success, and I raised so much money!
As for learning, you learn how to be the better you, inside and out, and that you’re your own kind of beautiful. Also, confidence is a huge trait you gain, and that’s coming from a personal experience! While at one of my fundraisers, which was a Prince and Princess tea, I had the confidence to have photos taken with the kids, and also to speak in front of my guests. I could not have been able to do that a few months ago! And again, I spoke in front of a large crowd of people at my other fundraiser, a family dance. These fundraiser got me so involved with my community, which isn’t big at all, with a population of 450. But I was able to talk with everyone, and tell them all about the awesome experience I already had at my provincial competition, and about to have at my national competition! But this is still all very hard for me to believe, when I applied, I didn’t think I’d make it this far! It was honestly so easy, I applied for Miss Teenage Canada (http://www.missteenagecanada.com/become-mtcw/apply-now)because my friend had tagged me in the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MissTeenageCanada) and thought it would be such an incredible opportunity to be a part of! Although my nerves were skyrocketing, I managed to make it through the Skype interview, and the anticipation of waiting for the email back. But once I competed in Saskatoon, and received my title of Miss Teenage West Central Saskatchewan, I became ecstatic for Toronto! But if I were to receive the title of Miss Teenage Canada, I would donate most of the money to charities including Free the Children, You Can Free Us, Canadian Red Cross, SADD, and plenty of others. I would also use it to promote awareness of drinking and driving. This is my platform, mostly because I see how often it happens, and how many innocent people are affected by it. It is 100% preventable, and should be taken very seriously. With the winning title, I would also love to come home, and show that if you follow your dreams, no matter how bizarre they seem, and you believe in yourself, you can achieve anything!
Everyone is their own beautiful, and I think that every girl should feel beautiful in their own skin and to show it! So MTC-W has launched a new competition, it’s a search, but not just an ordinary kind of search, but a Top Model Search! (http://topmodelsearchcanada.com) This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so embrace it, ladies! If you think that you have what it takes to strut your stuff on the national stage, with the other 39 finalists, and you’re between the ages of 17 and 27, then apply! They’re taking applications, and are searching for YOU. Besides having fun, and showing what you’re all about, this is also an opportunity to follow your dreams in the modelling career. Not only is this a pagent, but it’s also a model search, hence the name!
The best part of this all, is if you’re crowned, you become Miss Supranational Canada. Which, congratulations to Suzette Hernandez, who was crowned in 2013! And of course, runner up become Miss Top Model of the World Canada and Miss Supermodel Canada International!
So ladies, don’t be afraid to apply, you’re all beautiful, so showcase your beauty! A few simple steps, and you could be on your way to living the dream! And also, best of wishes to those who will be compering this summer. Show ’em what you girls got!
Don’t forget to apply: http://topmodelsearchcanada.com